Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Letter of Intent

As you can see, I have extensive professional experience in administration, arts and education. My talents have enabled me to work with various organizations: museums, art centers, galleries, guilds, schools districts, colleges and universities; in communities both rural and urban. As an artist and an educator, I champion the arts as I know how they enrich and connect individuals.
A native of Johnstown, I returned to the area from Arizona, where I lived for ten years. I have worked with a number of non-profit organizations, which requires one to wear many ‘hats’ and has given me a unique understanding of business and community development.  As a former Arizona state employee, I am familiar with the protocol and rigors involved in developing and managing programs that must follow specific guidelines, and the responsibilities of completing detailed reports. As a Grants Programs Director for arts education projects, I’ve seen thousands of proposals and ideas ranging from education research to public arts projects. I’ve worked with roster artists to hone their ideas and evolve their teaching strategies.  I’ve written and submitted several applications to various grantors on behalf of organizations I have been involved with.  I have also chaired several committees and served on numerous executive boards in the region, including serving as a grants panelist for the Pennsylvania Rural Arts Alliance. I’ve also coordinated state-wide and local events and programs that have served educators, and the public. I have experience in managing and developing programs and presenting to the public.
My direction and involvement with several business, new organizations and projects has helped me understand development from both sides: from inception to achievement through sustainability, and all the obstacles and opportunities along the way. In each position I have held, I have been relied on to handle responsibilities above and beyond the job description. I enjoy a challenge and am able to handle many details and project facets simultaneously. I am looking for a position where I can use my talents in working with individuals and my flair for developing creative programs that advance the arts in innovative ways.
I am also proficient in several Microsoft Office and Adobe applications, and I learn new tasks very quickly. I am a competent, dedicated, reliable individual and I pride myself in being hard-working. I have several letters of recommendation to share with you. I look forward to the opportunity to meet with you and discuss my experience. Thank you for your consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment